Sarah loved getting together with other families in her neighborhood for a potluck.
Abby is hoping listeners have suggestions for her elderly dog, Tonks, who is excited about eating.
Sarah read Dream Hoarders: How the American Upper Middle Class Is Leaving Everyone Else in the Dust, Why That Is a Problem, and What to Do About It by Richard V. Reeves. For a more condensed version of the ideas check out his New York Times article Stop Pretending You’re Not Rich.
Abby listened to a classic: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
Money—the perfect topic to discuss at this year’s Thanksgiving dinner. Or if that doesn’t seem like it will go over well, just listen in to us talk about it! We share our philosophy around money, how we handle finances in our families, our money hangups, and our financial goals. For more inspiration, check out some of our favorite resources:
- Mr. Money Mustache blog
- Facebook group for lower-income Mustachians
- Frugalwoods blog
- Death, Sex, and Money podcast, especially the episodes related to student debt
- Mad FIentist podcast
- Matrimoney podcast
- The Opposite of Spoiled by Ron Lieber
- You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Money by Jen Sincero
- At Home in the World by Tsh Oxenreider (not exactly money related, but goal related as she shares her experience circumnavigating the globe for nine months with her husband and three kids)
Abby’s been warming up with slow-cooked chili, courtesy of the Instant Pot (of course). Sarah’s been loving jarred sauces from Maya Kaimal.
If you’d like to join in the conversation, please leave us a comment, email us at email@example.com, or find us on Instagram @friendlierpodcast. Thanks for listening!