Pepper has reached a new milestone: walking!
HP is entertaining both himself and E with homemade arcade games, inspired by this video.
Reading lately[one_third][/one_third] [one_third_last][/one_third_last]
Abby read Dietland by Sarai Walker and Sarah read Atomic Habits by James Clear.
We discuss what we think of the self-improvement industry generally, our favorite self-help books and resources, and what does not work for us when trying to make changes. Here are the links we mentioned in the show:
- Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
- Dear Sugars podcast
- Glennon Doyle and her memoirs (Carry On, Warrior; Love Warrior; and Untamed)
- Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui by Karen Kingston
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- You Can Buy Happiness (and It’s Cheap) by Tammy Strobel
- Frugalwoods blog and Meet the Frugalwoods by Elizabeth Willard Thames
- The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing To Our Brains by Nicholas Carr
- Bored and Brilliant: How Spacing Out Can Unlock Your Most Creative and Productive Self by Manoush Zomorodi
- Gretchen Rubin’s podcast Happier and her books (The Happiness Project, Happier at Home, and Better Than Before)
- Deep Work and Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
- By the Book podcast
- Habitbull app
- Calm app
Sarah made hot fudge sauce and Abby is enjoying cabbage cooked in the Instant Pot.
If you’d like to join in the conversation, please leave us a comment, email us at email@example.com, or find us on Instagram @friendlierpodcast. Thanks for listening!