Abby is doing Frugalwoods’ Uber Frugal Month Challenge and Sarah is celebrating a secondhand win–new (to her) headphones!
Abby’s reading Shantytown by Cesar Aira, a novel with elements of magical realism set in Buenos Aires.
Sarah just finished Exit West by Mohsin Hamid. The novel follows a couple as they flee their war-torn homeland through magical portals that have appeared where there used to be only an ordinary door.
We divulge our favorite guilty pleasure books, food, television shows, songs, and a miscellaneous category. Things we mentioned in the episode include:
- Seraphina and Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Fire by Kristin Cashore
- Romance novels by Courtney Milan
- The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan (also excellent as an audiobook); be sure to check out this interview with the authors on Jess Lively’s podcast
- The Thoroughbred series
- What Kate Wore
- Fan Fiction and An Archive of Our Own
Sarah found a delicious tofu-rice bowl recipe on the Mealime app.
Abby’s discovered an easier way to make Risotto–in the oven!
If you’d like to join in the conversation, please leave us a comment, email us at email@example.com, or find us on instagram @friendlierpodcast. Thanks for listening!