Abby ticked a box on her pandemic bingo card: rearranging her house.
Sarah created new shelves on Goodreads for her family’s read-alouds and Friendlier reads (including specific shelves for books recommended by her and Abby).
Reading lately[one_third][/one_third] [one_third_last][/one_third_last]
Abby read the YA fantasy novel Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko and Sarah read KJ Dell’Antonia’s novel The Chicken Sisters.
Things we hate, media edition
We spend a portion of every show talking about what we love in the books we read, but what about what we hate? We share our dislikes in books, favorite and least favorite romance tropes, books and shows other people loved but we couldn’t get into, and what we don’t enjoy in movies we watch. Links mentioned:
- Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell
- Gold by Chris Cleeve
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
- The War That Saved my Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
- One to Watch by Kate Stayman-London
- The Power by Naomi Alderman
- Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (and the newest book in the series Court of Silver Flames just came out in February)
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Gilmore Girls
- Arrested Development
Sarah made a new kitchen purchase and Abby had a failed grain bowl experience.
If you’d like to join in the conversation, please leave us a comment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us on Instagram @friendlierpodcast. Thanks for listening!