Sarah is really into running slowly.
Abby is relieved Spring Break has (finally) arrived.
Sarah read the young adult novel The Firekeeper’s Daughter by Angeline Boulley.
Abby finished the newest romance by Rachel Lynn Solomon: Weather Girl.
Finding our next reads
We share how we find new books to read, strategies for managing our holds queues at the library, and what influences the kind of book we want to read next. Links mentioned:
- Sarah and Abby on Goodreads
- Shelf Awareness and Maximum Shelf newsletters
- Booklist newsletters
- Reading the Past (for historical fiction)
- Smart Bitches Trashy Books (for romance)
- Tor (for science fiction and fantasy + good ebook deals)
- Libby (app) / Overdrive (web-based)
- A note about the Nashville Public Library: Sadly, since we recorded they have decided not to offer library cards to folks outside of their area.
Abby’s family is eating Domino’s deep-dish pan pizza for an easy weeknight dinner, while Sarah tried a new dessert: pear custard pie.
If you’d like to join in the conversation, please leave us a comment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us on Instagram @friendlierpodcast. Thanks for listening!
2 thoughts on “Finding our next reads”
Hi Sarah and Abby
I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your podcast. Friendlier came up as a suggestion for me on Spotify about a month ago & ever since I’ve been making way through your back catalogue. You keep me company as I walk, while I hang my washing out, driving and when I can’t get to sleep. Think you for being the friends in my ears.
Hi Reannon! So glad that Spotify brought you to us. Thank you so much for listening!